In accordance with Data Protection and Privacy law
InStat Limited as a data controller
InStat is committed to the privacy of those that we engage with and this statements details our approach. While using this site or providing personal data to us in the course of business, we will manage your data in accordance with this privacy statement.
- Controller name; InStat limited
- Controller contact; If you would like to contact us regarding this policy please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
InStat provides a service that analyses and reports on sports performance. This is a legitimate interest pursued by InStat. Personal data processed by the business is done so in accordance with current Data Protection Regulation and GDPR.
Personal Data and Collection
We may obtain personal data including name, address, phone numbers, e-mail address, other electronic identifiers, title, images, IP address, company details, information about usage of InStat services (e.g., the types of content that you engage with), device information, transaction information including a credit card number and other authentication information (only when the transaction on our products is made) and other information provided by you or by other people when they use our products in accordance with this policy and with data protection law. We may also obtain similar information from other sources such as club, league or broadcast game footage, or from your use of InStat services, or when you sign up to our services, or attend events or otherwise engage with the business.
Purpose of Use
We use personal data for the purposes for which it was provided to us as expressed at the point of collection or as is obvious in the context of collection. Typically, information is collected for the following purposes:
- The analysis of sports performance
- Registration on our site or for InStat services
- Registration for events or training
- Communication with you for marketing or informational purposes, and the analytics of such communications
- Administration and delivery of InStat sports performance analysis services
- Review and consideration of curriculum vitae.
- Monitoring for security and health & safety purposes (cctv)
- For general administrative purposes that are in our legitimate business interest including communication in the course of a contract, issuing invoices, effecting payment including the use of or transfer to a third party to administer this process, and monitoring for spam
- Enabling communication and networking within the InStat service community
Your data may also be used in the course of system maintenance; system logs, diagnosis of issues on company systems and the company web site, or for site optimisation procedures.
Analysis services for clubs and leagues
Where we process or arrange for processing of personal data on your behalf for the purposes of delivering services, including but not limited to the InStat sports performance analysis services, we shall implement appropriate technical and organisational measures in such a manner that processing shall meet the requirements of data protection regulation. The manifestly public nature of spots fixtures may bring the reporting of sporting performance metrics outside of normal requirements, however personal data in all other regards is subject to control in accordance with regulation. This includes but is not limited to our commitment to;
- Sign a specific contract with you for such processing that sets out the nature, subject matter, duration, and description of purpose in accordance with the Acts
- Where we are operating as a processor only, to process data on specific written instruction from you
- Keep the data confidential and secure
- Support you in the event of audits, inspections, Access Requests or the provision of Data Protection Impact Assessment.
- Delete or return data upon instruction
- Assure compliance of third parties delivering service to us for the purpose of processing your data
We shall comply at all times with the data protections principles of the relevant Acts.
Disclosure to third parties & international transfer
We take all reasonable measures to protect your personal information while it is in our possession. Your personal information may be transferred to third party service providers who process information on the InStat's behalf, including providers of information technology, identity management, website hosting and management, network services, data analysis, anti spam services, data back-up, security, and storage services.
Your Personal data may also be transferred to joint sponsors of events, or to certification bodies. We may also provide access to your personal information to law enforcement authorities, revenue commissioners, regulatory or other government agencies, or to other third parties should we receive a valid request compatible with applicable law or regulation.
Personal data submitted through this site may be transferred to third party service providers or to other companies within the InStat group of companies that are outside of the state, and outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). The analysis of the sports performance data is primarily carried out in the Commonwealth of Independent States («CIS»). Where you request goods or services to be provided outside the EEA (European Economic Area), or to be delivered in conjunction with others outside of the EEA, personal data provided by you may be shared with organisations or state bodies (customs, revenue authorities and etc.) to fulfil an agreement.
Responsibility of our customers
Customers and other organisations engaging with us for service shall warrant that personal information provided to us for the administration and delivery of goods and services being provided under the Agreement has been obtained fairly and lawfully. Such customers or organisations shall also warrant that subjects are aware of the purpose for which their personal data is being used and that such data may be transferred outside of the EEA for processing or to deliver the service or upon your request, and that the privacy rights of subjects have been upheld.
Confidentiality & security
InStat have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect personal data from alteration, unauthorised disclosure or destruction, and from use for unauthorised purposes. Furthermore, we have taken measures to ensure that contracts with all third parties that provide technical and processing services include terms that specify appropriate technical and organisational security measures to prevent accidental, unauthorised or unlawful disclosure or processing of personal data.
Data Subject's Rights
Individuals have rights to:
- Where information is collected directly from the subject, to be informed of the controller and representative (listed above), the purpose of processing, who will have access, the retention duration for the data, the consequences of not providing the data, and
- Where data was not provided by you, to identify the source of that data together with data categories provided to you
- Be informed if a failure to provide the personal data will have any direct and material personal consequences
- Information on whether we have Personal Data relating to a subject, the categories of data and the purpose of processing
- Access your personal data. Where the format is not reasonably understood, this shall be delivered in an intelligible format
- Have inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date personal data that we hold about you corrected, or deleted
- Make submissions to any automated decisions making processes or profiling of you.
- Transfer your data to another controller
- Have your personal data excluded from certain categories of processing.
- Lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner. Contact details for the DPC can be found at www.dataprotection.ie.
You can contact us to exercise these rights by e-mail at email@example.com. We will ask for additional information to verify your identity prior to acting upon such requests. We may charge for an access request in accordance with law.
Removal from mailing lists
You may unsubscribe from our mailing lists at any time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ button on marketing communications, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting of Data Breaches
Where a data breach occurs that poses a risk to the subject it shall be reported to the Data Protection Commissioner DPC without delay or at least within 72 hours. Where such breach is likely to expose the subject to high risk it will be reported to the subject. In any event, all breached will be managed in accordance with Irish law and GDPR
We retain personal data that you submit to us only for as long as is necessary and for the purposes for which it was obtained, or as required by law.
Cookies can be deleted from your system at any time.